The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis of any statement of faith. We subscribe to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message. Based on this statement the following is a list of beliefs that the Verbena Baptist family of believers holds dear.
- God - We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus - We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven.
- The Second Coming - We believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
- Holy Spirit - We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the comforter and guide who lives in every believer.
- The Bible - We believe the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
- Man - We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
- Salvation - We believe that salvation is a gift received through repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- Eternal Security - We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternity - We believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die in their sins forgiven through Christ spend eternity in Heaven.
- Baptism - We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation.
- The Church - We believe that the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
- Prayer - We believe that each believer has direct access to God through Jesus Christ.